I actually read more growing up than I do as an adult now. I was consumed by books in general as a child and would read whatever I could get my hands on, it didn’t really matter what genre. I have so many amazing memories of the books I read as a kid, but these are the 10 that immediately come to mind when I think of my most well loved series. Without further ado and in no particular order, here are 10 book series that I loved growing up.
1) Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
2) Redwall by Brian Jacques
3) Animorphs by K. A. Applegate
4) Goosebumps by R.L. Stine
5) Berenstain Bears Chapter Books by Stan & Jan Berenstain
6) The Bailey School Kids by Marcia T Jones & Debbie Dadey
7) Hardy Boys by Franklin W Dixon
8) Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
9) Seventh Tower by Garth Nix
10) A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
Did you read growing up? Are some of these in your list? Let me know in the comments!
David S says
Allyson Y Johnson says
alas, you make me feel old. Not remembering some of these authors very well – it was a while ago.
Series I loved (in no particular order):
1. The Black Stallion series by Walter Farley.
2. The Bobbsey Twins by Laura xxx Dobson [?}
3. Nancy Drew of course by Carolyn Keene,
4. Elizabeth Enright’s Melendy Family series
5. Lois Lenski’s stories about Jenny LInsky, the orphan cat
6. Flicka, Ricka and Dicka, by Maj Lindstrom
7. Snip Snap, and Snurr, by the same
the “Shoes” series by Noel Streatfield [?]. this series included “Skating Shoes”, “Ballet Shoes”, “Movie Shoes” and others.
8. All the stories about collies by Albert Payson Terhune
9. the Narnia series by C.S.Lewis
10. of course, L. Frank Baum’s Oz books
David S says
Love your list! I’ve actually only heard of Narnia, Nancy Drew, and Oz, but they all sound super fun